Monday, March 12, 2007

a few of my favorite things...

friends....
last week i went to kansas for the wedding of a close friend. i had forgotten how good it feels to be around people that really know me, know my stories, laugh at shared jokes. it's easy, comfortable, no first impresssions.

work...
one of the things i love most about my job is lunch time. i'm not sure what i thought a lunchroom in the "real world" would look like, but i never imagined this. lunch in my building consists of crowding as many adults as possible around a table and then telling stories and laughing for an hour. (today there were 9 of us) i thought days like this had passed me by when i graduated from college, but i'm glad to say that i was wrong. i love when you walk into the room and see the full table, there's a brief glimmer of doubt, perhaps you'll have to sit at the other table alone, and then someone sees you and says, "don't worry, there's room for one more." and everyone scoots to fit you in. i'm almost convinced that no matter how many people came in that door, they would get squeezed in too.

things that make me laugh...


1 comment:

robyn said...

i miss that table...