Monday, January 14, 2013

my house is a very, very, very fine house...

in november, of 2012, i bought my very first house!  it was the most stressful, emotional, grownup thing i've ever done.  it's something that i had always dreamed of doing.  i started the process several times, only to get overwhelmed and freak out a little bit.  and, if i'm being honest, i thought that no one in their right mind would give me money.  well....someone did.  and, as it turns out, i'm considered to be the "perfect lender."  who knew?

i've been living in the house for about six weeks and i've already made one panicked phone call to my father, fixed a toilet that wasn't flushing right and own power tools.  i would say i'm officially a homeowner.  unpacking and getting settled has been a slow process, but it's getting there.  here are pictures of the rooms that are fit to be seen.  (disclaimer:  the majority of my furniture was free...don't judge)


The Front!  (This pic was taken before it was officially mine.  I say that because those potted plants were the previous owners as I have no green thumb and would surely have killed them by now)
Entry Hall
Kitchen
Dining Room
Living Room

Backyard

Downstairs Bath/Laundry
Guest Bedroom
Guest Bathroom

My Fabulous Closet!  (The only portion of my bedroom that is organized)

2 comments:

stephanie said...

that closet!! <3 <3 <3 also. can i start a garden in your backyard? just wondering.

its awesome. i love the closet. so much.

mary beth said...

Beckie! The house is adorable! You are going to have so much fun nesting in it and making it your own! I love the back yard....I hear you don't even have to have a green thumb when you live in the PNW...everything grows there! Congratulations on this milestone in your life!